Supervisor/Planner Tauranga City Council LED Upgrade
APPLICATION FORM | APPLY NOW
McKay is a dynamic, growing and highly successful electrical engineering and electrical maintenance service company, which is 100% New Zealand owned with a proud history spanning 80 years.
What is the role?
McKay is looking for a Supervisor/Planner to join a small project team running the Tauranga City Council LED Lighting Upgrade reporting directly to the Project Manager.
The person we are looking for will be a qualified Electrician or Linesman with the following:
- a current practicing licence,
- preferably with Supervisory experience.
- computer skills are a must – basic skills in Excel and Word and general computer experience.
The role will entail planning the work ahead of the work crews to ensure a smooth execution of the project. The role will also include supervising the work crews in their day to day activities ensuring our strong health and safety requirements are adhered to and working with the work crews to ensure the project is on schedule. This will be a varied and challenging position as carrying out street lighting works is more complicated than most realise.
What type of person would it suit?
A person who really gets people, and who has a proven ability to provide leadership in all areas including Health and Safety, operational supervision and customer service.
Ideally you would bring:
- A strong health, safety and quality understanding and focus;
- Traffic Management experience – preferred but not required;
- An understanding of Electrical Supply Networks – we work on the Powerco Network (overhead and underground assets);
- A friendly and helpful nature with the ability to remain calm under pressure and show initiative to get the job done;
- An ability to be a team player in a small team;
- An ability to work in the public eye and to work closely with the TCC project staff.
The McKay Group of companies offers a wonderful culture, attractive rewards and a long-term career opportunity both, nationally and internationally. Come be part of our growing Kiwi Inc. story.
This position comes with a very competitive salary and a company vehicle plus other McKay employee benefits.
If you wish to apply for this position then please complete the application form and submit online through this site with your CV, covering letter and any supporting documentation.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a NZ Citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
If this sounds like the role you have been waiting for please apply for this position by filling out the McKay application form and send along with your CV and covering letter by clicking here.