We ensure our vacancy page is up to date with all the jobs we have available in all the regions we operate in. Please see below for these vacancies and apply through the application field. In addition if you would like to be notified of any future recruitment events or job openings, sign up for our mailing list below.
McKay is a dynamic, growing and highly successful electrical engineering and electrical maintenance service company, which is 100% New Zealand owned with a proud history spanning 80 years.
McKay are seeking a manager for our Rotorua branch to support our growing number of contracts and customers in the region. This position is a leadership role reporting to the Bay of Plenty Regional Manager to lead our teams and continue to grow the business further.
McKay is seeking a manager with strong people, project management and financial skills, who has a proven ability to work and develop a team while also having an ability to manage customers and contracts. McKay is focused on delivering a personalized service at a business to business level, while making staff and customers feel like they part of the Family business. The branch manager will oversee McKay’s current team base located in the region and be a critical leader in instilling the McKay culture. The positions will be diverse in that there will be an expectation to manage the day to day operations and from time to time be involved at a project manager level if required.
You will demonstrate:
- A strong track record of leadership, mentoring and team-based performance
- A strong health, safety and quality understanding and focus.
- An ability to work autonomously and lead a business unit.
- A proven track record in project and financial reporting.
- A friendly and helpful nature with the ability to remain calm under pressure and show initiative to get the job done.
For the right candidate the McKay Group offers a wonderful culture, attractive rewards and a long-term career opportunity both nationally and internationally.
If you wish to apply for this position then please complete the application form and submit online through this site with your CV, covering letter and any supporting documentation.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand either as a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or have a work permit.
McKay is a dynamic, growing and highly successful electrical engineering and electrical maintenance and contracting company, which is 100% New Zealand owned with a proud history spanning 80 years.
We are looking for great Line Mechanics to join our team across the Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Northland regions. We are looking for both permanent full time employees or for short term contracts.
With 300+ employees and branches in Whangarei, Auckland, Kawerau, Tokoroa, Tauranga, Hamilton and in the USA, the company has a number of significant opportunities for growth in the coming years.
We seek Line Mechanics with experience in line work and a current practicing licence. Applicants accredited to work on Powerco and/or Unison operations will be particularly desirable. A Class II Vehicle Licence is also strongly desirable. We are looking for motivated people with the ability to work unsupervised or as team members, have great work attitude and good communication skills.
Come and join a strong, friendly and successful team in a family owned company that cares about its people.
If you wish to apply for this position, then please complete the application form and submit online through this site with your CV, covering letter, copy of your driving licence and any supporting documentation.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand either as a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or have a current work permit.
McKay is a dynamic, growing and highly successful electrical service provider that is locally owned and operated. We are one of the leading contracting companies in Auckland with proven ability in a wide variety of electrical engineering projects for commercial and industrial clients through Northland, Auckland, Waikato and Bay of Plenty.
We are continually on the lookout for qualified and registered electricians with skills to work in one or more of the following areas:
- Significant construction projects
- Industrial and commercial maintenance contracts
- Streetlighting installation and maintenance
- Marine refurbishment and fitout
- Perform quality construction or maintenance work to meet client specifications and current regulations and standards.
- Ensuring the highest standards of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance is achieved.
Key attributes sought include:
- You need to be a registered electrician with a current practicing license (or the ability to get a current license).
- Sound commitment to ensuring Health and Safety is the priority.
- Must possess a valid full NZ driver’s license.
- To be self-motivated and proactive.
- The ability to manage time and priorities.
- Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of current regulatory & industry requirements pertaining to the carrying out of all prescribed electrical work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your electrical industry experience and be part of a growing company. We offer a competitive wage rate and subsidised medical insurance, coupled with fixed term and permanent employment opportunities.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a NZ Citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.