This project aimed to develop an existing water bore site and a new water treatment plant for Whakatane District Council to serve Edgecumbe and Te Teko. The plant is designed to provide water that meets the Drinking Water Standards for New Zealand (DWSNZ) and our control and instrumentation solution for the plant help to ensure that this standard is being met.
McKay was contracted by Spartan Construction for the design, supply and installation of the electrical and instrumentation works, which included:
• Install cabling to connect to electrical supply, and transformer to provide power to the site
• Full installation of the main switchboard
• Design and installation of a full package of instrumentation systems
• Lighting design and installation
• Installation of all ducting and cabling for mains, instrument, control, data, communications and security
This vital water infrastructure work now provides the local communities around it with clean water that is to the standard of the DWSNZ. McKay is proud to be able to use its years of experience in this field to help and provide service to local communities. The control and instrumentation systems we have provided for this project will ensure that these communities can be serviced by the Otumahi Water Supply for years to come.