This contract was for the electrical and instrumentation works associated with the replacements to the northern and southern branches of the gravity trunk sewer for the Whangarei District Council. This vital work was necessary because the existing reticulation systems for Hikurangi were reaching the end of their serviceable life.
McKay was contracted by United Civil Construction for the design, supply, and installation of the electrical and instrumentation works, which included:
• Installation of HV and LV cabling, with HV/LV distribution transformer unit
• Supply and installation of motor control centre
• Program and implement full SCADA telemetry package
• Design and installation of a full package of instrumentation and control systems
• Provide surge protection devices and emergency power supply for the project
• Installation of all ducting and cabling for mains, instrument, control, data, communications, and security
We were able to provide the needed project management experience, resources and expertise required by this project thanks to our years of work on wastewater project such as this, and our experience working with district councils, especially the Whangarei District Council. Our contacts in and around the industry allows us to bring the top level of electrical and instrumentation systems to projects.