Electrical or Control Systems Engineer
McKay Limited Bay of Plenty, Waikato
As a result of growth and increasing demand, an experienced Electrical or Control Systems Engineer is required for our existing Electrical and Automation engineering team servicing the Bay of Plenty / South Waikato. In this role you will be directly involved with a number of diverse clients and exciting projects.
The company is unique in being able to offer a complete instrumentation / electrical engineering, automation and installation package, from conceptual design, build and commissioning through to maintenance and support contracts.
We can offer you a great remuneration & benefits package, and a work / life balance dreams are made of. Our two regional offices are short drive from Mount Manganui, Tauranga, Rotorua, Taupo and Whakatane giving options for those looking to relocate. The sunny Bay of Plenty is an outdoor paradise which offers access to great fishing and hunting, mountain biking, NZ’s most beautiful beaches, lakes, and open country side. The central North Island ski fields are easily accessible as a day trip.
As an experienced, hands-on, engineer you will:
- Have experience in a variety of industries, preferably including paper and pulp, water treatment, dairy, power generation or infrastructure.
- Have experience in PLC, SCADA, telemetry and HMI programming, communication solutions, and integration with 3rd party software and databases, preferably across various different vendor platforms.
- Have knowledge of control systems communication networks and protocols such as Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, Ethernet/IP, Devicenet, Profibus
- Experience with installation and maintenance of electrical control and instrumentation in hazardous areas would be an advantage
- Be able to work in a team environment with a wide variety of engineers, technicians, and project managers.
- Be able to take a project from initial concept design phase to commissioning
- Have excellent diagnostic skills, and well-developed processes for checking the accuracy of your own and others work.
The person we are looking for will possess:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in electrical or related technology, at or equivalent to degree level. However, consideration will be given to those with considerable practical industry experience in automation and control.
- NZ electrical registration and a current practicing license
- A current NZ drivers license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The desire and ability to work autonomously
- The ability to manage their workload effectively
- You will also have an appropriate tertiary qualification in electrical or related technology, at or equivalent to degree level with at least 5 years relevant industry experience.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand either as a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or have a work permit.
If you wish to apply for this position then please complete the application form and submit online with your CV, covering letter and any supporting documentation by clicking here.